Version 7 to Version 8 Upgrade: ClickCartPro & EuropaCart
The upgrade process from ClickCartPro 7 and EuropaCart 7 can be done either using a new installation of ClickCartPro 8 or EuropaCart 8, or by upgrading your ClickCartPro 7 and EuropaCart 7 license in place. Follow the instructions on this page to determine which upgrade method is best for you, and to perform your upgrade.
New Install Upgrade Method
Users with limited technical knowledge, or those that have ClickCartPro 7 or EuropaCart 7 sites live currently, will find the New Install upgrade method suitable. Using this method, when you purchase your upgrade you will be issued a new license key for your ClickCartPro 8 or EuropaCart 8 installation, and will install the new software separately from your old software. You will then run a data import from your old software into the new software using an importer script, and publish the new software when you are ready.
To purchase an upgrade using the New Install upgrade method, be sure to select the 'New Installation' upgrade option when ordering your upgrade license, which will issue you a new license key for your ClickCartPro 8 or EuropaCart 8 installation.
In Place Upgrade Method
Users with advanced technical knowledge, or those that do not have ClickCartPro 7 or EuropaCart 7 sites live currently, will find the In Place upgrade method suitable. Using this method, when you purchase your upgrade your current ClickCartPro 7 or EuropaCart 7 license key will be updated so that it can be used to upgrade your existing software to ClickCartPro 8 or EuropaCart 8 in place.
To purchase an upgrade using the In Place upgrade method, be sure to select the 'In Place Update' upgrade option when ordering your upgrade license, which will ensure your ClickCartPro 7 or EuropaCart 7 license can be upgraded to ClickCartPro 8 or EuropaCart 8.
STEP 1: Purchase an Upgrade
When purchasing an upgrade for your ClickCartPro 7 or EuropaCart 7 license, be sure to select either the 'New Installation' upgrade option or the 'In Place Update' upgrade option, depending on which type of upgrade you wish to perform.
STEP 2: Follow the Upgrade Instructions
Click the link below for the upgrade method you will be performing to upgrade to ClickCartPro 8 or EuropaCart 8. Be sure to click the appropriate link for the upgrade method you have chosen:
Items Added/Changed In This Upgrade
- Redesigned Search Engine Optimization: With the use of a static, eight-line .htaccess file, customized SEO URLs can now be created in the management interface for all system pages, products, categories, HTML pages and news articles. SEO in this version doesn't stop with customized SEO URLs, either. The software now handles all redirects internally - including redirects from old version 6 and version 7 URLs, allows fine-grained tailoring of title, meta keywords and meta description tags, and includes SiteMap and OpenGraph functionality out of the box. Google Analytics support has been greatly enhanced, and Google Adwords Conversion Tracking is now supported.
- Mobile Phone/Tablet/Device Support: The software now auto-recognizes mobile phones, tablets and devices and optimizes displays for them. The mobile display gracefully presents content from the entire store and website in a format which can be viewed on any mobile phone without horizontal scrolling (down to a 320 pixel width supported). All you need to do is visit your version 8 site with a mobile device to see for yourself. Switching from mobile to desktop views is supported as well.
- Redesigned Management Interface: The management interface has been redesigned to give users the best possible experience when using either the new Advanced window-based interface, or the Standard page-by-page interface. Written from the ground up using the new jQuery libraries, browser support is unparalleled, and new features like inline related item management, and inline creation of related items are now a reality.
- New Display Skin Layout: Display skins received a major overhaul. Styles are now centralized with system styles and overridden by display skin styles, which keep display skins smaller and easy to adjust. Full table-less layouts are supported, and new skin widget placement options with centralized styling, are supported. What this means for the non-techie user is that you get a great display that's easy to change. You can even upload your logo and change basic color schemes using the management interface. Multi-tiered flyout menus are now supported as well - and are all handled automatically.
- One-Page Checkout Support: With the use of the new jQuery library, a fully automated one-page checkout is now supported for all checkout scenarios. Once the customer leaves the shopping cart, ajax takes over - allowing for realtime embedded updates of content within pages in the checkout - give a one-page experience.
- Ajax Account Section and Checkout: The entire account section and checkout are now fully ajax-enabled and gracefully degrade for customers with older browsers. It's never been quicker or easier to update you account information and checkout.
- Shopping Cart and Wish List Updates: The shopping cart and wish list displays have been separated - each now being presented on their own pages. This has allowed not only for better mobile support, but much better displays - including ajax-enabled updates, icon styled buttons, upsell functionality, and inline shipping estimates.
- New Banner and Slider Functions: You can now create and display banners on the top of all HTML pages, as well as in skin widgets. When multiple banners are available for a given slot, timed sliding displays are used to control presentation. Sliding displays are now supported and easily turned on and off using the management interface for many of the available product listings.
- New Homepage Featured Items Functions: You can now pick and choose products to display on the homepage in up to five different slots, which can have custom headings. These featured item slots give you the ability to feature different sets of products, and you can use sliding displays to make the presentation look great.
- Redesigned Product Displays: The new product displays include easy automated image support, multiple image uploads and support with configurable zoom, thumbnail presentation, and popup/modal, functionality. Price displays were re-vamped to include stock levels, sale percentage calculations and better presentation all around. Ajax enabled price auto updates display pricing updates in realtime to customers as they select priced options and change quantities.
- Redesigned Category Displays: Categories are now displayed in a more streamlined fashion with meaningful headings and titles. The category displays themselves have been updated to include automated image support.
- New Ajax Popups/Modals: Now displays for email a friend, in-stock notification alerts and review submissions use ajax enabled popup/modal displays to keep customers on the product page while offering them new and streamlined functionality which rivals top online store sites around the Internet.
- Social Media Integration: Products now have Facebook Like, Twitter Tweet and Google Plus Recommend widgets buit in to allow customers to share your products on social media sites. Additionally, a new skin widget allows for linking to your Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus pages by simply entering the URLs for those pages into the management interface. OpenGraph support gives you the ability to control what the social media sites include for shared products.
- AutoComplete Search Function: The skin widget for store searches received a major overhaul. It now pulls matching search results via ajax into a modal/popup allowing customers to select products from a list as they type into the search box. Finding the right product has never been easier - or more graphical.
- Hover Cart and Recent Items Display: The mini shopping cart skin widget was modified so that when customers hover over the shopping cart button they are presented with a full display of their shopping cart and the most recent five items they viewed.
- Popular Extension Modules Made Standard: Our most popular extension modules - the SiteMap Generator, the Shipping Estimator, and Product Reviews have all be substantially enhanced and made into standard out-of-the box features. The combined original price of these modules is more than what we're charging for upgrades to this version!
- New Advanced Reports and Dashboard: The management interface's dashboard received major enhancements, featuring the inclusion of graph-based reports for recent page views and orders. These new reports are also part of the new Advanced Reports function which boasts over 20 new reports which all have graphing enabled. Now you have the data you always needed to make better decisions about your store.
- New Product Filter Function: Products can now be filtered using controllable, selectable filters on the category pages and system pages like all products, best sellers, new products, the product index, specials and search results. Customers can now narrow down their product choices on a fine-grained level using these filters.
- New Loyalty Points System: A full-blown loyalty points system is now part of the software. You can offer points on purchases and new account signups to generate loyalty with your customers. The system is fully configurable and operates automatically once you set it up.